Saturday, July 22, 2006

Bad Boys, Bad Boys

Okay I don't live in a big city, I don't even live in a small city, I live in a Large town. I NEVER expected to have a night like last night, I NEVER thought I would think, "this is for an episode of cops".
I went to bed around 9:30 pm last night. My DH and the two older boys were watching some TV before bed. Well, the boys were arguing and I went to give reinforcement to DH. When I got out of bed I noticed the motion light was on in our back yard. I looked out my window and saw about six people with flashlights in my back yard!
I quickly told DH and he looked out too. He decided to go outside and find out who and what was going on. He left the dog in the house because I told him it sounded like there was a dog barking out there. I figured someone's dog got loose in the trailer park behind my house, again.
I was wrong, DH came back into the house. It was the police SWAT team and ALL!
I told him I saw our neighbor go in his back yard so he went back out called to him to meet him in the front yard. WHen they got out there, DH found our gate to the backyard was broke!
He called the police, they came, checked out the back yard and found the back gate to the wooded section of our yard busted too!
Whoever they were looking for had jumped the back gate busting it, ran through our backyard, and jumped our front gate busting it!
ALL I kept singing in my head was "Bad Boys, Bad Boys, What Ya Gonna Do when They Come For You!"
I told DH to go across the street and inform our neighbor whose husband was working nights. He was heading over when detectives came up the street he stopped them and explained our neighbor has a fort in their back yard, maybe the perps were back there? So they got out and checked her yard with GUNS drawn!
We heard a crash from the back yard and a little while later the detectives came back out front. They said to the nieghbor she needs to have the top step to the fort fixed. Seems it broke as they were climbing up to check it out. They chuckled alittle when she said well it was made to hold the kids who are consiterably lighter than you.
They left and we all went in and went to bed, feeling a little less safe than we used to.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would really freak me out!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

That is pretty scary! Arn't you glad you have a dog?

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home