Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Clutter, Clutter everywhere!


Okay, I am not Martha Stewart or Mrs. Cleaver but I have learned a few things from watching shows like Clean Sweep. I have been using a couple of these techniques for years and others I am just starting to implement myself.

1. If you haven't used it in the last two years get rid of it.
a. You can yard sale it.
b. Give it to charity.
c. Go to Freecycle.org and list it.
d. Put it on Ebay.

2. Kids Paperwork and artwork.
a. If they are old enough to sort through it themselves and decide what they want to keep, let them but designate a bin or box to store them. If the box gets full, they have to sort through it again.
b. One storgae box or bin per child.

3. Any items to be stored put in rubbermaid or plastic containers.
a. Label what is in them.
b. Go through yearly and decide whether you need them or not.

I hope these little tips help anyone out there. It works for me hope it works for you too! Good Luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Yes I totally agree except I use a one year policy. These are excellent rules to live by!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Good tips!!! I love "Clean Sweep" too!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

For sure! I'm always tossing stuff!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home