Friday, May 12, 2006

Most Embarrassing moment.

I was just over at One Woman's World and read her most embarrassing moment, she asked for others moments so here goes.
I had borrowed my husbands truck( We were engaged at the time.). Did I mention it was a NEW pickup truck. I had to go to work and it was my first time driving his truck. My parents driveway is kind of tricky backing out of. At the entrance it is narrow and there are two cement walls. Well, I knew it would be difficult backing the truck out of the driveway so I asked my mom to direct me. Well, even with mom directing me, I got two close to the cement wall and I scratched the bumper of his truck! I was so sick to my stomach, mom told me it wasn't bad it was just the bumper, so I went on my merry way to work where I parked in the parking garage where I normally do. I called DH at his work and told him about the bumper and he wasn't worried about it, It was after all just the bumper. My stomach settled and I went about my day! Well, at quitting time I had to go pick up DH at his work. I walked out to the truck to check the damage from earlier and was Horrified! There was a 12 inch scratch on the side of the Truck! That sick sinking feeling came to my stomach again. This time I was so upset, I couldn't have done that! I thought someone had done something to the truck. So I drove all the way to his work and before he looked at the bumper I told him someone had to have hit his truck in the parking garage, it wasn't there before! He looked at it closely and realized that the scratch was from the stone wall! I didn't see it at first because there was dirt on the truck from four wheeling that weekend. I was so MORTIFIED! I thought he was going to break up with me for sure. He wasn't mad at all! I offered to pay for the scratched paint job, but he wouldn't let me. When I told my brother what had happened all he could say is, " He must REALLY love you!" and 12 years later we are still married! But he doesn't like me driving the Truck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Good job on your embarrassing moment. I'm sure I'd have died! :)

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home