Thursday, August 17, 2006

Getting to know me post.

Every Friday Heather hosts Getting to Know You over at One Womans World . This Friday she wants us all to tell Why we like to write, what else we have written or are writing besides being a blogger. She wrote a wonderfully elequent post on the subject that you can read by clicking here . But please come back and read my post, or stay and check hers out after you read mine.

I have always loved to write. I used to write poetry. I used to write short stories. I used to write in a diary every day. When I was in college I was on the school newspaper staff. I really don't know what happened, I don't know why I stopped. I know that I have missed it. Alot. I have felt like a part of me has been missing for a long time.

But since I have started to Blog, I feel like that part me is coming back. I am being awakened from a long slumber. I am a little groggy, and my writing hasn't come back to par as it once was. In time I think it will be as good as it used to be. In time maybe I will be able to write that novel I have always dreamed of writing. In time maybe I will share my poetry with the world. But for now I am content with getting back into the flow of writing. I am also enjoying reading other inspiring writers in the blogosphere and watching their writing blossom.

2 Comments:

Blogger owlhaven said...

I'm enjoying writing too! makes your brain somehow feel more alive, doesn't it?

Mary, mom to many

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use my blog to organize my thoughts and vent or just to see my day in words. I think it's a great way to express yourself. :)

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home