Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Deskunking your pet!


This weeks works-for-me-wednesday tip. How to de-skunk your pet. I found this recipe after I typed "my dog got sprayed by a skunk" into the google search engine. If you want to read about that fiasco, here is that story. If you want more information on this subject go to Ehow . But here is the recipe to get rid of the skunk odor on your pet.
1. Mix 4 cups hydrogen peroxide with 4 tbsp. baking soda and 1 tsp. dish-washing soap.
2. Put cotton balls in your pet's ears to protect the inner-ear tissue from the cleaning mixture, which can easily drip in.
3. Don rubber gloves to protect your hands during this process.
4. Start with your pet's head, taking care not to get solution into his eyes, ears, or mouth. Aplly a drop of olive oil or baby oil to his eyes to prevent irritation.
5. Rub mixture evenly into your pet's coat. It will probably be more pleasant to do this outdoors.
6. Rinse the coat with clean water.
7. Repeat if the smell persists.

Good luck! It really does work! Go check out
shannon at Rocks In My Dryer for more great Works- For- Me- Wednesday tips!

4 Comments:

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Thankfully, I've never had a pet sprayed by a skunk, but if it happens, I'll keep this in mind.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping to read my cake decorating tips.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

YUKKY!
Thank goodness our big ol' pup has NOT been srayed by a skunk... but I will for SURE remember this if it evern happens... we are campers... so it just might!
thanks for the tip!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wow, and I hope I never have to try this out.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll add my endorsement. Our dog got skunked about a year ago. The tomato juice did nothing. I googled and found a similar recipe to this and made it to the store 10 minutes before closing. The store loved me because I smelled nice 'n skunky. :o)

Of course, this all occurred as my husband let the dog out for his last run before we went to bed.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home