Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Bubba Has decided Not to sleep!

Okay...I understand most parents are sleep deprived.This is nothing new to me, but the last few weeks have been worse than anything I have experienced in the past. Not just because Bubba has decided he doesn't need to sleep and will practice his pre crawling skills during the wee hours of the night, But because I am having a hard time sleeping myself. I can't fall asleep right away despite feeling exhausted and when I do fall asleep....I wake up every hour or so. I have been having weird dreams when I do dream and when I wake up in the morning I don't feel like I have gotten nearly enough sleep. Like I said sleep deprivation is nothing new, but now I just feel tired all the time and when I do get some sleep it doesn't seem like enough. Bubba is just not helping my situation with his nightly escapades. I try to ignore him as much as possible and see if he will fall back to sleep on his own, without me having to get out of bed and give him his pacifier ( which he has started to throw out of his crib in the middle of the night), but since I took the bumper out of his crib and he is trying to crawl and such , he keeps getting his legs caught between the crib bars! So I help him out of his predicament, give him his pacifier, roll him onto his back and put his blanket on him and he eventually falls back to sleep only to wake a little while longer and repeat the whole process! Buddy and Picasso never did this ( they had their own sleep problems) so I am having a hard time trying to figure out a solution to help him learn that his crib is for sleeping in not playing in. He has no toys in there, so I don't know why he thinks it is okay to play in there. If anyone out there in cyberspace knows a solution that I could try, I would be eternally grateful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home